Friday, July 24, 2009

Random Joe Dream

I had a dream the other night that I was at a big seminar of some kind. There were tons of people, at least 700, all of us sitting in lines on the mat, and a few "important persons" (no one I know) were speaking to us all.

I spaced out and quit paying attention (even in my dreams I am daydreaming!). When I snapped back into "reality" there was some sort of argument happening, with half the people taking one side and about half taking the other. I couldn't figure out what the debate was all about, and right as it was about to turn into some sort of mob riot, Joe appeared. It was like he had been there in the crowd all along, and he managed to make himself heard.

I don't remember what he said. It didn't seem like it was anything heavy - he was just explaining to both groups where the disconnect was in the conversation, or something. While he was speaking, people seemed to calm down a little bit. His overall demeanor was of someone who seemed to have picked a side in the argument, but rather than try to coerce others to agree with him, he was first trying to be impartial and represent both sides fairly so we could all make up our own minds using the facts at hand, and not get all heated up over some hasty rhetoric.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I miss him so bad.